Saturday, September 5, 2009

Women's Dresses

These are some of my favorite dresses that I have created. The purple dress to the left was made from 100% silk charmeuse. I started out with about 8 yards of silk. After deciding what I wanted to make of it I chose a color. I had to mix the dyes until I found the perfect match. Then, I dyed the silk and hand painted (with dye) the black stencil like flower designs. The pattern was made from scratch and draped on a dress form. In the photo the dress is worn with a petticoat to give the skirt a little fullness.


The pink floral dress below was draped on a dress form from fabric that I got when apprenticing at the Kentucky Repertory Theatre. And the blue floral one on the right is inspired by a dress that I own and love! I found the fabric while out perusing one day and LOVED it. It took a couple of months to decide what I wanted to do with it, but I think the wait was worthwhile!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete